- The average emergency room expense in 2008 was $1,2651
- Currently, about one third of US adults (33.8%) are obese2
- Obesity related conditions include heart disease, stroke, type 2 diabetes, certain types of cancer2
- Heart disease was the leading cause of death in the US in 2007; Diabetes was the 7th leading cause of death in the US in 20073
- In 2010, about 1.9 million new cases of diabetes were diagnosed in people aged 20 years or older4
- If current trends continue, 1 in 3 US adults will have diabetes by 20504
In an effort to combat rising health care costs and the increasing risk of disease processes, Vitalae is committed to developing Health and Productivity Management strategies and providing them to our corporate clients. According to the Institute for Health and Productivity Management, companies can reduce health cost, decrease absenteeism, improve performance, and increase productivity by focusing business strategies on employee welfare. The Wellness Council of America has declared the WELCOA 7 Benchmarks as the building blocks for successful wellness strategies. Armed with these proven benchmarks, Vitalae has tailored our business practices to offer results-oriented wellness initiatives and programs at our wellness facility as well as through our mobile consulting firm. We promise to deliver constructive guidance, effective implementation, and quantifiable results which not only benefit our corporate clients, but their most valuable resource, their employees.
1Medical Expenditure Panel Survey: HC-118E: 2008 Emergency Room Visits File. September 2010.
2Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Obesity: At a Glance 2011.
3Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Deaths: Leading Causes for 2007.
4Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Diabetes: At a Glance 2011.